December 11, 2020
BFI has a list of films for you.
This has been a hellish year full of insanity, insecurity, and instability, but there was still a bunch of amazing movies released. In keeping with its really wonderful tradition, BFI’s Sight & Sound Magazine has polled over 100 of its contributors from around the world to come up with its 50 favorite movies of the year.
Give the list a read and check out reactions to the list at BFI.
The Best Films of 2020 according to Sight & Sound
50. The Vast of Night: Andrew Patterson, US
49. The Truth: Koreeda Hirokazu, Japan
48. The Invisible Man: Leigh Whannell, US
47. Richard Jewell: Clint Eastwood, US
46. Collective: Alexander Nanau, Romania
45. Clemency: Chinonye Chukwu, US