September 19, 2017
Film Submissions Quick Tips
- Remember that you must have a secure link via the SXSW Cart for your film ready to go before you complete your application.
- While submitting by the Official Deadline will keep some extra money in your pocket, we never want filmmakers to rush their films, as we will only consider the first cut submitted. So take your time! Friday, October 20 is the final deadline to submit your film.
- Communication is key. After you’ve submitted we know that you will continue to work out your plans for the future of your film. If any information about your film changes after you’ve completed your application, let us know.
If you’ve been accepted to another festival, added a sales agent, or changed a major aspect of the film itself, email email@example.com to let us know.
- Be sure to take a look at our other submission tips about film eligibility and premiere status to ensure your film meets all the requirements to enter.
- Find out more information about deadlines and fees here. If you have questions, find answers in our Film FAQ. If you are ready to submit, take a few minutes to watch our How to Submit Your Film video posted above.
Lastly, SXSW Film asks that you be patient. We know waiting to hear from us can be excruciating, but it takes a lot of time for us to hone down the program into its final iteration. We are evaluating films through January so just because you haven’t heard from us yet, but your friends have, doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten about you. Everyone who submits a film to us will hear from us by February 9. Only after that date, email us if you haven’t heard anything.
Join Us For SXSW 2018
Grab your Film Badge today for primary access to all SXSW Film events including world premieres, roundtables, workshops, and parties. Register to attend by Friday, October 20 and save. Make your hotel reservations through SXSW Housing & Travel for the best available rates. We hope to see you in March!
The post 2018 SXSW Festival Submission Tips: Official Deadline September 22 [Video] appeared first on SXSW.
Source: SxSW Film